- Svenska Dagbladet
- Jayne Svenungsson announces she is leaving the Swedish Academy, the body that awards the Nobel Prize in Literature. She is the eighth person to quit amid sex abuse and financial crime scandals at the exclusive group.
- The Nobel Prize in Literature 2018 is postponed to 2019 after Jean-Claude Arnault, husband of the former Swedish Academy member Katarina Frostenson, is accused of sexual assault, resulting in her resignation, and leaving the academy without a quorum.
- The Swedish Academy announces that American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan has agreed to accept his Nobel Prize in Literature this weekend at a private location in Stockholm.
- Per Wastberg, a member of the Swedish Academy, says that songwriter and artist Bob Dylan has not yet indicated whether he intends to accept the 2016 Nobel Prize in Literature.
- The Swedish Academy, the body that selects the winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature, announces that Horace Engdahl will be replaced as its permanent secretary by historian Peter Englund.