Armed bandits and robbers riding motorbikes kill 48 people in Nigeria's Zamfara State.
Gunmen on motorbikes kill 48 people in an attack on a remote village in northern Nigeria's Zamfara state, an official says.
- BBC (Image)
- Ventura County Star
- Bandits open fire at a village hall, where residents gather at night to watch films, in Zamfara State, Nigeria. Eleven people are killed and many more are injured.
- Gunmen kill at least 30 people in an attack on a gold mine in a remote area of Zamfara State, northwestern Nigeria.
- 163 people die from lead poisoning in Zamfara State, Nigeria: confirmed cases being treated number 355.
- The death toll of a cholera outbreak in Yobe and Borno, Nigeria, rises to 97.
- The government of Nigeria announces that 61 people have died and 50 others have been hospitalized from a cholera outbreak in Yobe.