American actor James Gandolfini, best known for portraying Tony Soprano in ''The Sopranos'', dies of a heart attack at the age of 51.
James Gandolfini, the actor who most famously portrayed Tony Soprano on the series "The Sopranos," has died in Italy at age 51.
- ABC News
- Baldwin Lonsdale, the President of Vanuatu, dies suddenly of a heart attack at age 67. Parliament Speaker Esmon Saimon takes his post as acting president.
- George Steinbrenner, owner of the New York Yankees, dies after suffering a massive heart attack in Florida.
- Gabonese President Omar Bongo dies of a heart attack at age 73.
- ''The Sopranos'' wins the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series in the Primetime Emmy Awards.
- The hit tv series The Sopranos aired its final episode.
- Scientists prove that eating less salt reduces the chances of stroke or heart attack in the first long-term study on salt's effect on health.
- The Armenian Prime Minister Andranik Margaryan dies of a heart attack.
- Former President of Chile Augusto Pinochet is in a military hospital after having had a heart attack. Doctors decide to perform coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Dr Mahathir Mohamad, the former Prime Minister of Malaysia, is hospitalized following a heart attack.
- In the United States, a jury rules in favor of the pharmaceutical corporation Merck & Co. Inc. in a court case related to the painkiller Vioxx. The jury rejects claims that Vioxx caused the plaintiff's heart attack.