Opposition activists from the Bangladesh Nationalist Party and its allies detonate small homemade bombs and set fire to several vehicles in the latest anti-government protest to hit Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Opposition activists have detonated small homemade bombs and set fire to several vehicles in capital Dhaka.
- Al Jazeera (Image)
- A Dhaka court sentences 19 people to death, including two former ministers, and sentences Bangladesh Nationalist Party acting chairman Tarique Rahman to life imprisonment over a 2004 attack on Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
- Bangladeshi home minister Asaduzzaman Khan meets with his Burmese counterpart, Kyaw Swe, in Dhaka to discuss the repatriation of Rohingya refugees from Bangladesh to Myanmar. The Burmese delegation accepts a list of 8,032 Rohingya refugees (1,673 families) who are to be repatriated.
- Pope Francis ends his six-day trip to Myanmar and Bangladesh by visiting the Rohingya refugees in Dhaka.
- A garment factory boiler explosion in Dhaka, Bangladesh, kills 10 people and injures dozens.
- Gunmen storm a restaurant, exchange fire with security, and take at least twenty hostages in the Gulshan neighborhood of Dhaka, Bangladesh. Two policemen are killed. The Islamic State claims responsibility.