At least 45 people drown and 60 are missing after a boat carrying Nigerian migrants capsizes and sinks off shore from Libreville, Gabon.
Twenty-nine people are rescued after a boat carrying about 130 people from Nigeria to Gabon sinks, rescue officials say.
- Large explosions and gunfire are reported in the Gabonese capital Libreville as security forces clash with supporters of opposition presidential candidate Jean Ping protesting the election results indicating a narrow victory by President Ali Bongo Ondimba.
- The U.N. General Assembly elects Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Gabon, Lebanon and Nigeria to the U.N. Security Council as non-veto-holding members.
- Gabonese firefighters battle a blaze at the heart of Libreville as fire consumes the nation's largest market.
- The state funeral in Libreville of former President of Gabon Omar Bongo is attended by dignitaries from 40 nations.
- A suicide bomber attacks a mosque in Gamboru, Nigeria, killing 11 people.