Seven men are executed for theft in Saudi Arabia after their appeals for clemency are denied.
Seven men convicted of armed robbery have been executed in southern Saudi Arabia, the interior ministry says, despite appeals by human rights groups.
- BBC (Image)
- Saudi Arabia reports the execution and crucifixion, in Mecca, of a man from Myanmar. The man was sentenced for breaking into the home of a woman and stabbing her, which led to her death, as well as for other crimes.
- Despite international protest, Sri-Lankan maid Rizana Nafeek is executed in Saudi Arabia for killing an infant in her care.
- Days of heavy fighting between Houthi and Saudi-led coalition forces around the port city of Al Hudaydah, Yemen, leave at least 150 people dead.
- Human rights activists in Tunisia stage protests against a planned visit by Saudi Arabia Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman over the killing of Saudi Arabia journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
- Denmark suspends future weapons export licenses to Saudi Arabia in response to the killing of Jamal Khashoggi and the Saudi Arabian–led intervention in Yemen.