Former New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin is charged on 21 counts including wire fraud, bribery, filing false tax returns and money laundering.
- BBC (Image)
- Authorities charge New Mexico Secretary of State Dianna Duran with 64 counts including fraud, embezzlement, and money laundering.
- Former Mayor of the American city of New Orleans, Louisiana Ray Nagin (D) is sentenced to ten years in prison for corruption, money laundering and other related offences.
- Mayor Ray Nagin of New Orleans, Louisiana, is quarantined in Shanghai, China, after a passenger on his flight from the United States was diagnosed with A(H1N1) influenza.
- A French court does not order the custody of Suleyman Kerimov but sets a EUR40 million bail and tighter controls. Kerimov was arrested on November 21 in a money laundering and tax fraud case.
- Multiple tornadoes tear through New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and other parts of southeastern Louisiana, injuring at least 20 people; no deaths have been reported. The severe weather also delivers heavy rain and hail in Mississippi and Alabama.