Ray Nagin, the former Mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana, is indicted on 21 different counts including fraud, embezzlement, money laundering, bribery, and tax evasion.
Former New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin is charged on 21 counts including wire fraud, bribery, filing false tax returns and money laundering.
- Authorities charge New Mexico Secretary of State Dianna Duran with 64 counts including fraud, embezzlement, and money laundering.
- Former Mayor of the American city of New Orleans, Louisiana Ray Nagin (D) is sentenced to ten years in prison for corruption, money laundering and other related offences.
- Mayor Ray Nagin of New Orleans, Louisiana, is quarantined in Shanghai, China, after a passenger on his flight from the United States was diagnosed with A(H1N1) influenza.
- A French court does not order the custody of Suleyman Kerimov but sets a EUR40 million bail and tighter controls. Kerimov was arrested on November 21 in a money laundering and tax fraud case.
- Multiple tornadoes tear through New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and other parts of southeastern Louisiana, injuring at least 20 people; no deaths have been reported. The severe weather also delivers heavy rain and hail in Mississippi and Alabama.