At least 4 people are killed and 8 others injured as a gas explosion ripped through a residential building in Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- The Federal Aviation Administration states that it will allow U.S. airlines to resume flights at three Ukrainian airports, at Kharkiv, Dnipro and Zaporizhia, and over parts of the Black Sea, citing improved safety and security in parts of Ukraine.
- A man strapped with explosives takes 11 people hostage in Kharkiv, Ukraine. The Ukrainian police free all the hostages and arrest the man.
- Forensic experts in Kharkiv, Ukraine begin identifying the victims of the crash, with only 200 bodies delivered out of the 282 pro-Russian separatists claim to have sent.
- Kharkiv supermarket bombings: Two homemade bombs exploded at supermarkets in the Ukrainian city of Kharkiv, injuring 14.
- Russia acknowledges that it was notified of Ukraine's decision not to renew the Russian-Ukrainian Friendship Treaty.