Two people are killed and more than ten others injured in a gas explosion and fire in an apartment building in the Siberian city of Tomsk, Russia.
- RIA Novosti
- Russian journalist Konstantin Popov dies after being beaten by police in Tomsk, Siberia.
- The presidents of Russia and Iran disagree with the Turkish president's proposal for a ceasefire in Idlib after meeting in Tehran, because it would not include the Islamist militants those nations aim to defeat.
- The United States State Department imposes sanctions on the Equipment Development Department, an agency within the military of China, for purchasing Sukhoi Su-35 fighters and S-400 missile system equipment through Rosoboronexport, Russia's main arms export agency.
- Tens of thousands of people attend the funeral of Alexander Zakharchenko. Yesterday, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said that the murder was a provocation and that it would derail the stalled Normandy format peace process.
- News emerges that the Russian Ilyushin Il-20 aircraft with fourteen people on board, missing since Monday over the Mediterranean Sea, was shot down. Russia accuses Israel of not giving enough warning before launching its attacks, causing Syria to shoot the plane down.