At least ten people die after heavy rains trigger flash floods in Malaga, Almeria and Murcia, southern Spain.
At least 10 people die after heavy rains trigger flash floods in the southern Spanish regions of Andalucia and Murcia, officials say.
- BBC (Image)
- At least 12 people die in flash flooding on the Spanish island of Mallorca, including nationals of at least 3 countries. A five-year-old child is missing.
- 95 people, including two former mayors and planning chief of Marbella, appear in court in Malaga in one of Spain's biggest corruption trials.
- In two separate incidents, there are a total of at least seventeen migrants killed after they attempted to cross the Mediterranean Sea from North Africa to Spain.
- Doctors and firefighters strike in Catalonia, Spain, over budget cuts, ending with clashes between demonstrators and Mossos d'Esquadra at the doors of Catalan Parliament. Students and teachers start a two-day strike.
- Spain threatens to vote against if there is no agreement on Gibraltar by which it demands new guarantees.