At least ten people die after heavy rains trigger flash floods in Malaga, Almeria and Murcia, southern Spain.
At least 10 people die after heavy rains trigger flash floods in the southern Spanish regions of Andalucia and Murcia, officials say.
- BBC (Image)
- At least 12 people die in flash flooding on the Spanish island of Mallorca, including nationals of at least 3 countries. A five-year-old child is missing.
- 95 people, including two former mayors and planning chief of Marbella, appear in court in Malaga in one of Spain's biggest corruption trials.
- Hurricane-force winds from former Hurricane Leslie strike central and northern Portugal, leaving a man dead and 27 others injured. It moves through Spain as a tropical storm.
- Venezuela releases political activist Lorent Saleh due to his poor mental health, after a prolonged campaign by and talks with the Spanish Office for Latin America. Saleh had been detained for over four years by secret services in Venezuela without trial, and is being transferred to Spain.
- Spain confirms that it has cancelled the sale of 400 laser-guided bombs to Saudi Arabia because of concerns about the weapons' use in the conflict in Yemen.