- Reuters (Image)
- Sixteen people, including eight policemen, are injured in a bomb blast at a BJP office in Bangalore, India, weeks ahead of elections in the state of Karnataka.
- The Bharatiya Janata Party government of India's Karnataka state wins a vote of no confidence after 16 members of the Karnataka Legislative Assembly are disqualified from voting.
- The new government of Karnataka, India, led by Bharatiya Janata Party member B. S. Yeddyurappa, falls after just one week when Janata Dal withdraws support.
- The ruling party of India, the Bharatiya Janata Party, wins plurality in state assembly elections in Karnataka.
- Amid growing tensions between China and India and Bhutan over disputed land, the Bharatiya Janata Party supports the words of defence minster Arun Jaitley that "India of 2017 is different from India of 1962". It follows a warning from China to India that referenced the defeat of the latter during the 1962 Sino-Indian War.