* Region earlier socked by flooding from Hurricane Irene * Remnants of Tropical Storm Lee dump torrents of rain * Railways, commuter highw
- AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald
- FOX Philly
- Los Angeles Times'' via ''Bellingham Herald
- Reuters (Image)
- The Times Leader
- A Federal District Judge for Eastern Pennsylvania temporarily enjoins the Trump administration from implementing new rules that change the Obamacare contraceptive mandate. California, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Virginia and Washington have also sued the federal government over the rules.
- Voters in the U.S. states of Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Rhode Island head to the polls to vote in Democratic and Republican presidential primaries.
- A winter storm hits the Northeastern United States, resulting in at least two deaths and thousands of flights being disrupted. Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York are amongst the worst affected.
- Voters in five US states go to the polls, with presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney projected to win in New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut and Rhode Island.
- John Kerry wins the Super Tuesday primaries in California, Connecticut, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Ohio, and Rhode Island and caucus in Minnesota, effectively clinching the nomination. Howard Dean wins in his home state of Vermont even though he is no longer actively campaigning. John Edwards is reported to be withdrawing from the race three hours before polls close in California and just as the caucuses begin in Minnesota.