Bernard Hogan-Howe is named as the new Commissioner of London's Metropolitan Police.
Bernard Hogan-Howe is named as the new commissioner of the Metropolitan Police.
- Sir Paul Stephenson is appointed Commissioner of London's Metropolitan Police Service.
- Police in London announce the arrest on March 29 of a 19-year-old man suspected of the commission, preparation, or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- The New York Police Department and London's Metropolitan Police Service open investigations into alleged sexual assault allegations against the American film producer Harvey Weinstein.
- The suspected death toll of the fire in North Kensington, London earlier in the week significantly increases, as the Metropolitan Police Service reports that a minimum of 58 people are missing and feared dead.
- Scotland Yard advises that it will be treating three non-fatal stabbings at the Leytonstone tube station in London as a terrorist incident.