The United States cities of St. Paul and Minneapolis declare snow emergencies.
- AP via ''Minnesota Star-Tribune
- A natural gas explosion at college prep school Minnehaha Academy in Minneapolis, Minnesota, kills two staff members. Another nine people were injured, seven of whom are hospitalized, three in critical and four in serious condition.
- Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull expresses shock and demands answers after an Australian woman, who called 9-1-1 for help because of a suspected assault near her home, was shot and killed on Saturday by a U.S. police officer who had responded in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Minnesota State Patrol, after issuing three warnings, arrest 18 people who were blocking Interstate 94 in St. Paul. A peaceful protest started following Friday's acquittal of St. Anthony police officer Jeronimo Yanez, who was charged with manslaughter in the fatal shooting of Philando Castile.
- Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton requests a Justice Department investigation of last night's fatal police shooting of Philando Castile (an African-American) during a traffic stop. Castile's girlfriend, Lavish Reynolds, streamed the incident live over Facebook. It showed Castile had been shot several times and was slumped against Reynolds; he died in Minneapolis's Hennepin County Medical Center.
- Musician Prince dies at his home at Paisley Park in the Minneapolis suburb of Chanhassen, Minnesota.