Peru recognises Palestine "as a free and sovereign state".
Lima government does not recognize 1967 borders; Israel fears European countries will be next in line to recognize Palestinian state.
- The Guardian
- The Jerusalem Post (Image)
- The Mission of Palestine in Colombia announces recognition of the State of Palestine as a free and sovereign state.
- Thirteen are killed and 34 others injured after a bus carrying Erasmus exchange students returning from the renowned Falles fireworks festival in Valencia, crashes near Freginals, Spain. The regional government of Catalonia said in a statement that, "... according to the latest data, the ill-fated bus had students from Hungary, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Czech Republic, United Kingdom, Italy, Peru, Bulgaria, Poland, Ireland, Japan, Ukraine, Holland, Belgium, France, Palestine, Turkey, (and) Greece."
- Sweden officially recognises Palestine as a sovereign state. Israel recalls its ambassador to Sweden.
- Palestine is recognised within its 1967 borders by Suriname.
- Chile recognises the State of Palestine.