Ecuador recognises Palestine as an independent state within its 1967 borders.
- The Washington Post
- The Mission of Palestine in Colombia announces recognition of the State of Palestine as a free and sovereign state.
- Around ten heads of state attend the 17th Non-aligned Movement summit in Isla Margarita, Venezuela, including Evo Morales of Bolivia, Raul Castro of Cuba, Rafael Correa of Ecuador, Hassan Rouhani of Iran, Mahmoud Abbas of the State of Palestine, Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, and Venezuela's president Nicolas Maduro.
- Sweden officially recognises Palestine as a sovereign state. Israel recalls its ambassador to Sweden.
- Palestine is recognised within its 1967 borders by Suriname.
- Chile recognises the State of Palestine.