Heavy flooding and mudslides claim at least 21 lives in Venezuela, with the President of Venezuela declaring a state of emergency in the state of Falcon.
- Ecuador declares a state of emergency over increases in migrant entry from Venezuela.
- Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro says that he has "hard evidence" that the Colombian government planned and executed an attempted assassination attack on him on Saturday, and that he will release it later in the day.
- Venezuelan authorities detain six people involved in what they call an assassination attempt on Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro.
- Venezuelan authorities arrest a military general, a colonel, and a dozen others in connection to a failed assassination attempt on President Nicolas Maduro.
- Mexico's Secretary of Foreign Affairs Luis Videgaray Caso, flanked by visiting United States Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Canadian counterpart Chrystia Freeland, rejects "any option that would imply the use of violence" on the subject of Venezuela. On the eve of his visit, Tillerson had defended the 19th-century United States policy in Latin America and suggested that the Venezuelan Army could manage a "peaceful transition" from President Nicolas Maduro.