The Gay and Lesbian Coalition of Kenya's David Kuria criticises Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga after he announces the imminent arrest of the country's homosexuals.
A gay rights activist criticises Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga for saying homosexual people will be arrested.
- BBC (Image)
- In an unprecedented move, Kenya's presidential aspirant, Raila Odinga, pulls out of a repeat presidential election just 15 days before the election. This action comes after the supreme court nullified the elections run on August 8 as being unconstitutional.
- The Kenyan electoral commission announces that President Uhuru Kenyatta has won re-election. Kenyatta leads ODM candidate Raila Odinga by more than 1.4 million votes. The opposition National Super Alliance rejects this finding as fraudulent.
- In Kenya, Kalonzo Musyoka, the running mate of Prime Minister Raila Odinga, claims that votes in the Kenyan presidential election have been doctored.
- Kenyan Prime Minister Raila Odinga condemns the nation's lawmakers for voting themselves a huge pay increase, which makes them the best paid lawmakers in the world.
- Kenya's Prime Minister Raila Odinga accuses the President Mwai Kibaki of "overstepping" his powers after the latter re-appointed two ministers sacked by Odinga over a corruption scandal.