Former Prime Minister of Fiji Mahendra Chaudry appears in a Suva court to face charges of tax evasion and money laundering.
- AAP via ''Sydney Morning Herald
- Fiji's former prime minister, Mahendra Chaudhry, is arrested for allegedly breaching the military government's emergency regulations.
- Fijian opposition (Labour) led by Mahendra Chaudhry decides to join Prime Minister Laisenia Qarase's United Fiji Party to form a multi-party multi-ethnic cabinet.
- Health authorities in Fiji are urging people to observe strict personal hygiene as the country goes through a massive outbreak of conjunctivitis. In the past 14 days alone the number of cases of the virus in one district of Suva have jumped from 700 to 5000 cases.
- Infanta Cristina, the youngest daughter of the King of Spain, Juan Carlos I, is charged by a magistrate with tax evasion and money laundering.
- Ray Nagin, the former Mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana, is indicted on 21 different counts including fraud, embezzlement, money laundering, bribery, and tax evasion.