Former Prime Minister of Fiji Mahendra Chaudry appears in a Suva court to face charges of tax evasion and money laundering.
- AAP via ''Sydney Morning Herald
- Fiji's former prime minister, Mahendra Chaudhry, is arrested for allegedly breaching the military government's emergency regulations.
- Fijian opposition (Labour) led by Mahendra Chaudhry decides to join Prime Minister Laisenia Qarase's United Fiji Party to form a multi-party multi-ethnic cabinet.
- A French court does not order the custody of Suleyman Kerimov but sets a â¬40 million bail and tighter controls. Kerimov was arrested on November 21 in a money laundering and tax fraud case.
- Health authorities in Fiji are urging people to observe strict personal hygiene as the country goes through a massive outbreak of conjunctivitis. In the past 14 days alone the number of cases of the virus in one district of Suva have jumped from 700 to 5000 cases.
- Infanta Cristina, the youngest daughter of the King of Spain, Juan Carlos I, is charged by a magistrate with tax evasion and money laundering.