A Taipei-Shanghai flight makes an emergency landing in Hangzhou after an American passenger makes an inappropriate reference to a bomb.
- The Age (Image)
- The Times of India
- The United States unveils a new 6.5 ha complex in Taipei for the American Institute in Taiwan, the "de facto" U.S. embassy.
- Thousands of protesters demonstrate in Taipei, Taiwan, against imports of certain U.S. beef products.
- Mayor Ray Nagin of New Orleans, Louisiana, is quarantined in Shanghai, China, after a passenger on his flight from the United States was diagnosed with A(H1N1) influenza.
- The People's Republic of China accuses Taiwanese Premier Yu Shyi-kun of "clamoring for war" after he said Taiwan would defend itself by firing missiles at Shanghai in the event of an attack of Taipei or Kaohsiung by the PRC.
- A gunman kills three people and injures two others at the Fifth Third Bank headquarters in Cincinnati, United States, before police fatally shoot him.