French trains resume service after a two-day strike against President Nicolas Sarkozy's proposed welfare reform.
- French workers strike to force a better response from President Nicolas Sarkozy to the global financial crisis.
- Strikes in France: French train drivers' strike against President Nicolas Sarkozy's pension reform enters its third day.
- Strikes in France: French transport workers' strike against President Nicolas Sarkozy's pension reform enters its second day, but energy workers and CFDT members return to work.
- Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy resigns as leader of The Republicans party and announces his candidacy for President again.
- France's National Assembly votes to adopt a non-binding resolution to lift European Union sanctions against Russia, applied after Russia's annexation of Crimea in 2014. Former President Nicolas Sarkozy's Republicans, as well as center-right and far-left groups voted in favor of lifting the sanctions, while the ruling Socialist Party and The Greens voted against the resolution.