A U.S. federal judge on Friday refused to block the extradition of deposed Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega to France after his long prison sentence in Florida ends on Sunday.
- Reuters (Image)
- Judge William Hoeveler places a stay on ex-Panamanian leader Manuel Noriega's extradition from the United States to France so that his defence can present a new appeal.
- United States District Court judge William Hoeveler rules against former Panamanian leader Manuel Noriega returning to Panama after he completes his sentence in a United States prison stating that there was no reason why he shouldn't be extradited to France to face a prison term there.
- Former dictator of Panama, Manuel Noriega is extradited from the United States to France.
- Former leader of Panama Manuel Noriega is extradited home from France and the United States where he has been serving jail sentences for the past 22 years to serve more time for his role in the murder of political opponents.
- France prepares to attempt to extradite Manuel Noriega back to Panama.