Singapore's new Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, hoping to quell Beijing's fury over his July 10-12 visit to Taiwan, says that he will not support the island if the People's Republic of China attacks it in retaliation for any push for Taiwan independence.
- Yahoo! India
- Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and U.S. President Donald Trump hold a bilateral meeting.
- Singapore's governing People's Action Party endorses Lee Hsien Loong, current deputy prime minister and son of former Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew, as the next prime minister.
- The presidents of China and Taiwan are scheduled to meet in Singapore on November 7th, the first such meeting since the Chinese Communist Revolution.
- Lee Kuan Yew, a founding father of Singapore as well as its first prime minister, dies at the age of 91 after a prolonged illness.
- Kwa Geok Choo, wife of first Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Kuan Yew and mother of current prime minister Lee Hsien Loong, dies at home.